13 Screen Ink
(Gloss Ink for PC, Soft and Rigid PVC and Acrylic Resin)
Teikoku 13 Screen Ink is designed for speed meters and instrument panels of automobiles.
Teikoku Ink solved the fogging problem caused by residual solvent in transparent acrylic cover of speed meters.
13 Ink is suitable for polycarbonate, acrylic resin and soft and rigid PVC substrates.
Applications & Substrates
- 13 Ink is specifically designed for speed meters of automobiles.
- Superior adhesion to PC, acrylic, and soft & rigid PVC.
- Avoids fogging and odor caused by residual solvent.
- Crack resistant ink for post-forming applications such as punching on PC substrate.
- Good alcohol and weather resistance.
Thinning & Cleanin
- Stir well before every use.
- Use G-002 thinner with 15-25% dilution for standard applications. G-001 (fast dry), G-003 (slow dry), G-004 (extra slow dry) thinners are also available.
- Avoid excessive thinning or using other solvents as it may decrease printability and cause lack of adhesion between ink layer and injection resin during IMD/FIM.
- Other solvent should not be used to avoid poor adhesion, blocking and other troubles.
- "Screen Cleaner N" or G-002 thinner is recommended to clean the stencil.
Printing & Drying
- 150-300 monofilament mesh is recommended. Coverage is 20-28 m2/kg at 250-mesh.
- Tack free time is about 15-25 minutes at room temperature (Conditions: 15% dilution with G-002 Thinner).
Heated air-drying is recommended for 30 minutes at 60°C for complete adhesion.
- Adhesion testing must be done at your site with actual substrate before commercial run. There may be a difference between substrates from different manufacturers, even different batches. Migrated plasticizers and additives may cause lack of adhesion. Alcohol treatment may be effective to solve the adhesion problem.
Safety and Handling
- Flammable; UN Classification: 3 UN Number: 1210
- Use safety gloves and eyeglasses to protect skin and eyes. If the ink or coating comes in contact with skin, wash with soap and plenty of water. If ink comes in contact with eyes, wash with plenty of water and consult with a doctor. Containers should be closed tightly after use and stored in a cool, dark place. SDS is available upon request. Please request a copy and read it carefully before handling materials. Follow instructions and use all ink products responsibly.
Standard Colors 27 colors
033 Gel Retarder
037 Royal Blue
121c Opaque Scarlet
263 Reddish Yellow
271 Opaque Light Yellow
277 Opaque Reddish Yellow
391c Opaque Blue
577 Opaque Orange
611c Opaque White
672 Opaque White
SP Opaque White
791c Opaque Green
911c Opaque Black No.15
||JIS K 5600-5-6 (Cross-cut): ISO 2409: 1mm interval 6X6 cuts, cellophane tape and peel
|| (No peel off)
||JIS K 5600-5-4 (Pencil): ISO/DIS 15184: 750g weight, Hardness of the pencil, checked for scratching
|Hot & Cold
||JIS K 5600-7-4: 10 cycles, 50°C, 95%RH(13hrs) -20°C(3hrs) -23°C(3hrs), check appearance and adhesion
Gakushin scrub tester, ethanol soaked cotton, 200g, 50 times, check appearance and peeling.
||JIOS K 5600-5-1: ISO 1519 (Cylindrical Mandrel) 2mm dia. Check crack.
||Cut with a punch, check cut edges.
||JIS K 5600-5-3: Dupont Impulse Tester, drop 500g weight, from 50cm height, check appearance.
ISO 11341:Weather meter (Xenon), Black panel temp. 63+/-3°C, raining 18/120min, check appearance
- Substrate: Above mentioned tests are done with PC REXAN sheets 8B36, 8B35, 8H33 8O30 supplied by GE. Each test was done for each 4 sheets. And the results were satisfactory.
- 13- 911 Black Ink, 20% dilution with G-002 Thinner, T-250 mesh stencil.
- Drying: 10 min at 50°C.
- Test was done after 168hrs aging at room temperature.
- Above mentioned results are for laboratory purposes only, cannot be guaranteed